Wednesday 25 February 2015

Polynesian Voyage Diary

Day one: Imagine you are a crew member, leaving your shore for the first day of the voyage.  what you would have done that day and what you were looking forward to.

Dear Diary
It’s day one, and I’m going to embark on a journey that’ll change my life forever. I’m going to be leaving my familys for about forty days and travel in the vast sea to seek for new lands. Hopefully we’ll have conections and meet new friends.

We’ve just finished packing the last of our supplys. There‘s a lot to pack for a long journey. I’m feeling lots of emotions come and go while I wave to my family good bye.


Day thirty:
You have been on the waka for 30 days now...what may you be feeling now?  
What are you now looking forward to?

Dear Diary
It’s day thirty, and already we’ve had shark attacks and storms, this vast sea may play tricks on us. I’m looking forward to going to New Zealand and meeting all the lovely people of Aotearoa. It’s been so long since we’ve touched land.

My legs are not liking it very much. But, it’s been so cool being with the crew, the navigators have been up all night looking at the stars and ocean swells. The navigators said “There is land nearby”, so I’m looking forward to that.

Polynesian Voyages Gear List
  • Food
  • Water
  • Live Animals
  • Live Fish
  • Right People
  • Good Leaders
  • Navigators
  • Crew Members
  • Co-operative Members
  • People Who Can Build
  • People Who Can Make Things
  • People Who Can Look After Plants
  • People Who Can Look After Animals
  • People Who Can Care For The Sick
  • The Right Attitude
  • Never Panic
  • No Bad Decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.