Monday 25 May 2015

Walter Dickson Trials

I’ve heard about it… I’ve learnt about it… but I haven’t seen it… until now! I’ve been invited to trial with Walter Dickson! It may sound like a joke, but it actually is the best rugby union team in Auckland. So it is a massive deal that I got invited to trial. There are only 80 people who have been chosen out of all of Auckland! It was on sunday.

After school had finished I rushed home to spread the news I just got. My mum was delighted and so was I for that day. But as the days passed so did my interest in the trials. The rain was not going away and I was afraid that I’d have to play in that freezing weather and my fingers don’t take numbness very well.

It’s sunday after church and honestly, I was tired, I was just not in the mood for playing rugby, it was horrible. But my mum and dad said, “If you don’t go then you’ll have to do the chores around the house with us”. That was my cue to leave, I would have rather played rugby than done chores for about an hour! So I packed my bag and Anth (dad) dropped me off and came and supported me with my brother Levi.

There are 6 games in the tournament. I played 4 of them. It was an amazing experience and I’d just like to say thank’s to my mum about making me lunch and a drink. At least when I got home I could just chill to a movie with butter chicken, mmm that was good.

I never had the chance to show you the letter (or part of it) so here it is. The letter wrote,

Wednesday 20th May 2015

Dear Parents

I have the pleasure in confirming that your child has been nominated by Pt England School to attend trials for Remuera zone Walter Dickson Representative rugby team.

The Walter Dickson tournament is a prestigious tournament between 8 zones throughout the Auckland region. It is limited to children in year 7 and 8 and they must weigh in less than 55kg’s on the day of the event. The tournament this year is during the July school holidays from 6th to 10th July and boys selected for the final squad will be required to be available for that whole week. The tournament is held at Teachers Eastern Rugby club at Okahu Bay in Orakei.

In addition to the tournament, the boys selected in the squad must be available for trainings (day & time to be confirmed) that will commence the week of from 1st June until the tournament in July…

That should be enough of the letter, because if I went on you would be to bored and I can’t let my readers get Bored! This is it for me today, Hope you didn’t fall asleep during this text. My punctuation hasn't been that great so could you help me by if anything sounds funny or is messed up the please comment below and tell me where it is and then correct it thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan

    This is a great piece of writing. Well done you for trialling for the team. I heard that the boys from Pt England who eventually made it into the final team did really well. Thanks for the info about Walter Dickson (I hope you don't mind if I use some of it for the news - PENN). Thanks Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.