Friday 16 May 2014

Totara Springs

After coming home from a win at my league game I couldn’t wait to hang out with my friends and family in the hot pool at Matamata because we are going to Totara Springs, it is the HM Rage meeting. Sorry I don’t think I properly introduced myself my name is Jordan and HM Rage is a thing where a lot of churches hang out together and have heaps of fun, It’s a christian camp but not only for christians it’s for anyone who wants to come. It’s a Saturday and on Saturdays I go to a league game and this Saturday I hurt the back of my knee and I couldn’t walk properly, we packed and now we’re ready to go.

After two hours of traveling we finally got there, I was exhausted after ;that long and boring trip. I felt like collapsing in a cool pool with the sun out and luckily the sun was out and it really was a beautiful day. But there was one minor problem, it was the middle of a camp which sucked because the campers are really loud and they take up the pool and all of the fun activities. so we had to wait until they had dinner. Did I ever tell you how I got around fast enough well my friend Jonathan Bay had what they call a wait for it… a knee scooter. So what you do is you rest your knee on it and ride around just like a normal scooter.

We then made friends with this little six year old boy Ashton and his friend James who’s nine and we played on the park with them. We were having fun whilst the campers were in the pool. It looked so nice in the pool with all the steam rising over them. Then we went onto the trampolines it was not that cool because my leg was sore and I couldn’t do back flips and front flips.

At nine o’clock it was time for us to go for a swim in the pool because all of the campers were in the dining room eating their dinner. As I slipped into the pool with the water coming up my body I could feel satisfaction. Thirty minutes later I get out and I’m letting off steam then I go for a manu bomb which is when your in a V shape and your bum hits the water first.

On our way traveling home we had dinner at this turkish kebab place and they had the best chips  and they had delicious pizzas and they even had some pillows and a tent for people to have their food in (and sleep). So we had some dinner went  for a little sleep. Now It’s time to start traveling home. It’s bed time now so good night.

It was lovely and relaxing. I had fun but I think that it would have gone better with a bit more of either my friends or family like cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Nice recount Jordy, oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Yes, there is definitely something delicious and satisfying when you immerse yourself in that warm water! Glad your knee is now better:)
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan.

    Nice piece on the trip to Totara Springs. I know Ashton had a really fun time and he is really excited about spending the weekend on the farm with you boys in a few weeks. It's always nice to get to places after a "long and boring trip".

    Might see you on Sunday again aye?

    Greg Wallace

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.