Monday 11 August 2014

The Accident That Almost Ruined My Holiday

It’s my league game today and to be honest I don't feel like getting up. I’m tired, but I shouldn't tell my coach that I’m tired this morning. Two minutes later I get woken up by my mother... you know mothers are like that. I had to be there by 9am and it was 8:30 so I needed to hurry up! After the game I’m going to the snow mountain, Mt Ruapehu.

To my surprise I got there a little early and my team wasn't training, they were playing on the park. After a while Tyson (our coach) called us in to have a quick chat about today’s game. He told us that we were playing Ellerslie Eagles and let me tell you they are not an easy team to beat so it will be a tough game!

The whistle blew and we’re ready to go. The ball was kicked far down the field. We chased the ball all the way down the field. Bang, the opposition was spear tackled. “1”, yelled the referee. After two tries we were getting hacked off so we tackled hard. I tackled one of the biggest guys in their team, he fell over and put his knee right into the side of my leg. My leg was fine until I stood up, I was limping, my leg was so sore. If I wanted to tackle I had to fall flat on my stomach, put my hands out and wrap them around their legs and they were down.

I got a charlie. I had to get taken off the field before half time. It was annoying. So I waited until the final whistle blew and the game was finished I’ll see how well my leg is before the snow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.