Wednesday 13 August 2014

A Bad Day At The Snow

It is day three at the snow and I’ve had a lovely time here already. But today the weather will be dreadful, the snow has risen, the visibility is not very good and even one side of the mountain is closed! Only crazy people would go and snowboard/ski down the mountain… oh what that is the family I’m in, so I will be going up the mountain too then. The only problem is traveling there because I feel sick easily, so I hope that I will not feel sick.

Fifteen km’s left, it might take a while? A little further up ahead there was a gate, and the signs said, “Only four wheel drives or cars with chains” could go past that point. Some vans had to turn back because they weren’t four wheel drives or chains on their wheels because it will be too slippery. After the gates there was a turn off and you could get chains on your tires if your car wasn’t a four wheel drive, but lucky for us we just got a nice truck last month so we went right past it.

When we arrived at the foot of the mountain (the car park) we saw that the car park was FROZEN! The cars and the gravel everything, there was snow falling from the sky. But it’s not like nice little drops of snow, NO, this snow felt like hail for most of the time. When we were snowboarding down the mountain  we would slide past other people and then I would fall over. When the snow got really bad and it got in my face I was luckily given a bandana from my mum, and put it around my face so the snow wouldn’t hurt me.

After all the excitement we had, it was time to go home, the mountain closes at 4pm and it was 4:05. When we got home we ate the most delicious kebabs we’ve ever tasted. After dinner we had a spa and watched a movie called “The Blind Side” it’s based on a true story about a teenager Michael Oher (Michael O-er) whose mum takes drugs. He is poor, then a family takes him in and Michael becomes a great NFL player, and plays for the Ravens. Then the movie was finished and it was time to go to sleep. I had a fun time at the mountain I can’t wait until tomorrow on the snow, throwing snowballs at each other, you know how brothers are (that’s if the snow isn’t frozen or ice).

2 comments:

  1. Oh I well remember that icy snow at Ruapehu. And that sick feeling on the windy road to get there. It sounds like you are having a blast. I hope someone us taking video.

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing to look forward to when it comes to winter... is the snow!
    Glad you're part of the family of "crazy people" who enjoy doing stuff like this:)
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.