Tuesday 5 August 2014

Let The Games Begin

Get ready for some spectacular moments here in the Glasgow stadium where there will be Athletics, Boxing, Judo, Cycling, Shooting & more. I believe that it started EIGHTY FOUR years ago! But that means that there have been 21 commonwealth games but it is the 20th commonwealth games. Have YOU ever wondered why they are called the ‘friendly games’?  it’s because they let anyone and everyone join in with the fun, also because it is between individual sportsmen and woman not countries.

Hook
4
Interesting Vocab
3
Different Beginnings
4

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 1.42.35 pm.pngI can't wait I'm so excited the commonwealth games is only a week away! I’m right here in Glasgow Scotland and when I look over my balcony I can see the Glasgow Stadium. The next night I couldn't sleep I was so excited, instead I was jumping up and down in my bed. “Tomorrow is the Commonwealth Games”, I was thinking.

“And now the moment you've all been waiting for the opening ceremony”, Pronounced the announcer. The crowd went furious like a pride of lions hunting their prey. I found the opening ceremony quite weird this year. But when they introduced the countries I was surprised to see that Valerie Adams was the flag bearer but then I thought why not she is a good representative  for new zealand as she will definitely win gold in Shot Put I’m sure of it.

“And here they come the Shot Put women's Finals”, announced the announcer, “Today we have a tough competition with competitors from around the globe, we have Valerie Adams from New Zealand, Cleopatra Borel from Trinidad and Tobago & Julie Labonte from England”. Now for their Final attempt Valerie holding first place… and she’s done it again Valerie Adams wins with a 19.88m!

Man that was the best games I’ve been to. Did you know that they started setting up the games before the last one in delgh it took FIVE YEARS just to build the sports village, well that just about wraps things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.