Thursday 17 July 2014

The Surprise At The Beach

“Lets go down to the beach today”, I sang to my mum. Our family were very excited, even though it is the middle of winter we still love to go for a refreshing swim. I am on holiday with my brothers & cousins in Pauanui. We stayed just down the road from the beach.


It didn't take long to get to the beach only about three minutes. when we arrived at the beach we played a little with the sand. Which when you drew on it, it becomes black, cool aye.


So after playing with the sand for a bit we decided it was time to go for a swim. When my toe touched the water I felt how cold it would be. I couldn't possibly tell how many times I ran in & out, in & out. Then I made up my mind to walk in until I got smashed into the water from the waves. I lifted up my legs and felt them, they were icy cold, but I carried on.


When I got smashed a couple of times I suddenly felt something… “oooowwww”, I yelled in pain. Then I went to kick it of my foot. It was a crab that nipped me, it felt this size . Then I ran out with the crab clinging on to my foot, I desperately wriggled my foot to get that crab off of me then finally it let go and I ran to shore.

After that surprise there were no more and we had a lovely time playing in the water and on the sand. Then it was time to go home. I had a fun time at the beach.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan, I am sitting here in Germany reading your post and it has made me homesick for good old New Zealand! I am so pleased your family is having a good time at the beach. I look forward to seeing you next week - provided our pilot does not decide to fly over Ukraine!!

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic recount of a very adventurous afternoon - especially in the middle of winter! Oooh, I think you, your brothers and your cousins are very brave... or crazy! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.