Friday 8 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey Activity 1 Week 1


Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.

If I was alive 2792 years ago and I was invited to take part in the first ever Olympic games in Olympia, Greece, I would have to pick one sport to play out of 6. The choices were running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing, and pentathlon, and out of all of these choices I’d have to choose Horse racing. The reason being, Chariot racing seems like the most fun and life threatening sport to play. C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Chariot racing image (close up).jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan!

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey. I am so happy that you have joined us and I am so impressed that you've already completed three activities. Wow - you've already earned 18 points. That's amazing!

    I enjoyed reading your blog post about horse racing. I think that the chariot racing would have been incredibly difficult and very thrilling to both watch and to participate in - great choice!

    I hope that you continue to be such an active blogger over the holidays. I'm really looking forward to reading all of your posts :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.