Monday 11 April 2016

The night before Fiafia

This year at PT England School we have an annual Fiafia that takes place this Thursday. PT England School have been doing it for over 1 years now. What Fiafia means to me is it’s all about different culture groups coming together and performing in front of one another. This year for Fiafia I am going to be a MC with three other prefects. So we will have to be learning things to say as well as our cultural group dances. There will be things like storytelling, dancing, cook island drums and our very own rock band will be playing!

This year's Fiafia, I am in the Kapa Haka group. We now practice everyday for two hours, I practice in the school hall. So I get an advantage, because I kind of get the idea of what it will be like on the actual stage. We haven’t yet chosen who shall lead the calls and who shall start the Ka Mate Haka. For the item I’m in the middle of the back row.

There are three main reasons why I love Fiafia, because of the food, performances and this year I shall be a MC. What is a MC you might ask? It’s the people who introduce the night, the items and who finish the night. So I’m really nervous, and we’ve only had about two days to practice! So hopefully I’ll do well. With the food, there are many stores that are available from 4:30 till 7:00. Speaking about time, all of the children who are in a group needs to get to their dressing rooms by 6:00. I had to be at school a little earlier than everyone else because I’m a MC. So wish me luck for Fiafia, and come down to Pt England School to watch me with the rest of my school and the Pt England Fiafia night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.