Wednesday 25 November 2015

The Google Expedition

Yesterday Pt England School had a Google Expedition. In this expedition there were little cardboard goggles called Google Cardboard. They are like I said, little cardboard goggles. They’re not much, but when you add a phone to it(and the right app), things become a little more interesting. You can visit exotic lands. You can even go underwater, or if you’d like, go into space! So, let me take you on a journey through the world that we live on.

First up the Borneo rainforest. We weren't exactly in the midst of the rainforest, but we were in a cave underneath it. There were other rock climbers down here with us. It was a full 3D experience! We couldn’t move around though but who cares, it was the bom! To my surprise when I looked to the right I saw a figure with a familiar face. I’ve got it! The man that I saw was David Attenborough. He is a Scientist and a very famous narrator on documentaries.

Image result for google cardboardMy favorite place we went to was the ocean. When we were there, there were Bull sharks, fish, and other fellow scuba divers. An interesting fact about Bull sharks, is they’re more aggressive than Great White’s. Also they are able to swim in fresh water! Which is an interesting fact but not good for us! But in another part of the ocean where we visited there were cool but a little scary Whale sharks. They are huge! Whale sharks can be as long as 20 metres! But wait that’s not it. They can also weigh up to 20 tons! Now I don’t know about you but I would not like it if one of those whale sharks sat on me. I’d be jelly in seconds!

Anyway, those goggles were pretty fun and, I rather enjoyed looking at others zooming around on the carpet with other Google cardboard pieces and enjoying themselves far too much. But the experience was amazing. I’d like to thank Google and the creators, David Coz & Damien Henry for the experience. The rest of Pt England would agree with me we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.