Sunday 19 July 2015

Rock Climbing In The Holidays

The equipment you shall need is:
  • Harness
  • Carabiner
  • Rock Climbing wall
The things attached to the rock climbing wall is:
  • Automatic belay
  • Rocks
  • Plastic
  • Cable


The place was pretty cool, the place that we went to was Rock Climbing! It wasn't very big, but it was big enough for me, Toby and about another 3 or 4 people. When we got to the Rock climbing we weren't sure if we wanted to go. But when a man (me) of great courage stood up and said he wanted to do it my brother Toby decided he wanted to do it as well. We already knew how to climb rocks but we needed reminding just to confirm our confidence. After reprocessing the rules into my brain over and over again I was finally ready to do some climbing.



The first rock climbing wall I did was the easiest out of them all. Whenever I’d look over my shoulder at Toby I’d see him trying his hardest to get to the top. Sometimes he would get to the top and sometimes he wouldn't. There was one challenge that killed me. It tested my strength, I did it but after then the others I did wasn't easy. One Rock Wall I helped Toby getting up the whole way. I was next to him on a different wall having fun with him. My mother and I were so proud of him and his achievement and so was Toby.

There was one wall where you don’t use your hands you use these tiny poles and put them in holes on the wall. That’s how you climb up the wall it’s not easy especially when the poles don’t grip into the wall easily. On another wall you time yourself on how fast you can get up the wall. I was extremely proud of myself when I got 18.65 seconds. That’s really fast for me. Then is was time to go home, thanks to mum me and Toby got a drink afterwards and had some chocolate eclairs.Then after a bite I said, “Thanks mum these are the best”.

Here is a link to the Rock Climbing site if you'd like to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.